Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Two weeks without daddy, husband, friend...

Well, Nick is off to Bosnia. It is really great that I was able to go on the last trip. Now when he talks about the trip I will be able to picture it. I don't know of anyone that will read this, especially since I blog once in a blue moon. I just thought I might visit here in the next few weeks and share my random thoughts about being a single mom for 2 weeks.

It is really nice that the girls have school to distract them. Alyssa loves First grade and I love that she gets structure for 5 days and I don't have to provide it. She really thrives on routine, and schedules. Maddie is loving preschool. She is so great about telling me what she does, who liked her outfit, and new friends she has made. It is so fun to see the differences in my girls. Alyssa is very academic, wants to be the top of her class and the best at everything, very competitive. Maddie just wants to fit it, make friends, have fun. She loves learning, but it's different than Alyssa.It's fun to have a short time with just Carter 3 days a week. It brings me back to the days of having just one child and getting so much done. Today we went grocery shopping. It was fun to just shop and not have children asking for treats, etc. When we went by the doughnut bins I said, "Carter do you want a doughnut?" He was so excited, it was priceless.Our menu this week will be very kid friendly. Tonight we had home made macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, and broccoli. Tomorrow dinner is provided at church. Friday we will have sausage, egg, and cheese on english muffins, fruit and some sort of potato. Saturday a friend is having a BBQ. Sunday we will have spaghetti, biscuits, peas (or beans from the garden) or possibly Kid cuisines and move spaghetti to Mon. The kids think it great to have all their favorite foods. I am happy that it's so easy to make.

Day 1: Today went better than expected. The kids didn't have any severe melt downs. With early release it works out that the younger 2 can nap and Ally can rest and I get a short break. My friend came over with a gift and truly made my day. Gifts is my #1 love language. Dinner went well, the kids ate and we had good discussion about our day. Alyssa said she cried a little this morning because Daddy was gone. She will probably take his absence the worst. After dinner they played really well, which is not typical. Ally and Maddie played with their dolls and horse and played pretend, I think Maddie was the mom. Carter made a tunnel in the living room and the girls soon joined him in the fun of crawling through it over and over and over. They were all giggles, and I sat on the couch just enjoying them and feeling blessed. So, I thank all of you who are praying for me during these next 2 weeks. It's already making a difference.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love your blogs!!! PLEASE keep it up!?!?!? Please????? :) I really do love reading about your family. Blogging is so much better than FB, come on, give in, please??? ;) Anyhow, hope you survive the 2 weeks without Nick. Sure love you and wish we lived closer. One of these days, we will get up there to see yall! Love you!

Alice said...

i am starting a new blog so i enjoyed the visit not sure if i will keep this one but I wanted to go in a different direction